Sustainability Analyst paid internship leading to a permanent position as a Data Analyst
Company: Considerate Hoteliers
Duration: Six months
Salary: London Living Wage
You will have an opportunity to work in a vibrant environment, within a passionate team committed to bringing positive change in the hospitality industry and growing the business to become the leading specialist in the segment. We are an innovator in sustainable technology for the hospitality industry – we have just won a government competition for an innovation for the SME market. You will be required to execute a variety of tasks with a steep learning curve, you will be given immediate responsibilities on account support and you will have
opportunities to join client facing meetings with prestigious brands. If successful, at the end of your internship, you will be offered a permanent position
as a data analyst.
Considerate Hoteliers mission is to help hospitality businesses to operate more responsibly. Through our sustainability data management platform designed specifically for the hospitality industry, we allow hospitality businesses to monitor, interpret and improve their environmental performance while saving costs and reducing inefficiencies in their operations. Con-Serve™ is certified as ISO 50001 compliant and allows for a correlation of consumption to other metrics such as hotel’s occupancy, restaurant’s food covers or outside temperatures. We also support hoteliers with advisory services, which cover CSR strategy, staff workshops, management of resource consumption, corporate reporting and the provision of various sustainability toolkits. Currently, we operate out of London and Munich, but we have clients worldwide.
We require an entry level Sustainability Analyst to join the London based team. This important supporting position is to ensure that the rollout of the Con-Serve™ platform and associated services are delivered to a high standard. The role will predominantly involve the technical delivery of services as well as some client relationship development. You will support on a daily basis our data analyst.
• Assist with client account set-up for the Con-Serve™ platform, including the upload of any historical data
• Assist in delivering training sessions to all Con-Serve™ users, to ensure effective use of the platform and associated services
• Support the integration of automated data feeds
• On-going management of user accounts, including advising clients on missing or inaccurate data sets through regular review of account information
• Act as a point of contact for clients, responding to Con-Serve™ related technical queries and troubleshooting issues quickly and accurately
• Support in conducting a detailed technical analysis of clients’ data in various formats covering topics of energy, water, waste and carbon
• Assist with any sustainability-related research, both internally and externally
• An interest in environmental sustainability and hospitality
• Relevant university degree (BSc) to a minimum 2:1 standard (environmental science, chemistry, biology, math, physics, sustainability, statistics, energy and carbon)
• Excellent analytical skills, including considerable Excel or database
• Ability to write data-driven technical reports with high attention to detail, and respond to any technical query clearly
• Ability to take direction from senior staff and deliver tasks in a timely manner
• Able to work in a fast-changing, start-up environment with an ability to adapt to a variety of tasks and changing priorities
• A Masters degree in a related discipline
• Previous work experience in data analysis
• Understanding of the key resource use considerations in the built environment and experience of metering systems including AMRs
• Strong knowledge of climate change, sustainability or non-financial reporting, along with legislative, market and voluntary market developments, particularly in sustainability and the hospitality sector
• Understanding of low energy/carbon technologies and operational
interventions designed to meet carbon reduction strategies
• Fluent in German, including technical language skills
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Considerate Hoteliers is an equal opportunities employer that values diversity and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.