Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purposes of this policy, “we” or “us” means Considerate Hoteliers Limited of Studio 3, King House 5-11 Westbourne Grove, London W2 4UA and “you” means the user of the website. We are the data controller for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- If you complete a form on our website at www.consideratehoteliers.com, we will collect and process the information you provide. This may include information you provide at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material, requesting additional services, or in the event that you report a problem with our site;
- If you contact us at any time, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We will also record details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access during those visits. This may include, but is not limited to, traffic and location data, web logs and any other communication data;
- From time to time we may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes. (Please note that you do not have to respond to our surveys if you do not wish to do so);
- Any personal information that you provide will be secured to the best of our ability;
- We will not share your personal information to 3rd parties, except in carefully defined circumstances;
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
If the information you have provided us with changes, please let us know promptly, and we will correct, update or remove any information that we hold about you. We may however need to retain archive copies of that information for legal or audit purposes.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate or traffic information to our advertisers. Please note that this is statistical data about our users’ browsing activities and patterns, and individuals cannot be identified from it.
STORING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Please note that where you have a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are solely responsible for keeping this password confidential and you must not disclose it to anyone.
We will do our best to protect your personal data, however the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any data you transmit to our site and any transmission is at your own risk. You supply your data to us at your own risk. Once we have received it, we will use appropriate procedures and security controls to try to prevent unauthorised access.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION
The information we hold about you will be used to:
- provide you with the information, products or services that you require from us;
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts we have entered into with you;
- notify you about changes to our service;
- provide you with information, products or services that we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
DISCLOSING YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006).
In certain circumstances we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are required to do so by the courts or to comply with other legal, statutory and/or regulatory obligations, including accounting and taxation requirements;
- Where it is necessary for the provision of information or services to you;
- In order to protect the rights, property, or safety of Considerate Hoteliers Limited, our customers, or others. This may include sharing information with other organisations for the purposes of fraud protection or prevention and credit risk management.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your information to the prospective seller or buyer;
- If Considerate Hoteliers Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data about customers will be one of the assets transferred
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Before collecting your data, we will usually let you know if we intend to use it for marketing purposes, or if we intend to disclose it to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent this happening by ticking the appropriate boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise your right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. We may charge you a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.